Sunday, June 08, 2014

It's a Hoot Auction Quilt

My sister is a first grade teacher and the school she teaches at needs a new playground. They put on a great fundraiser where they raised almost $10,000 for new playground equipment. She asked me if I'd be willing to make and donate a quilt for the cause. And who doesn't love a good cause!

My dear sister had given me the tumbler block AccuQuilt die for Christmas, and it seemed like a great time to try it out - I don't mind cutting fabric strips, but cutting shapes with a rotary cutter and mat always makes me dread the process of making a quilt! Worked like a charm! I used the entire line of Momo's "It's a Hoot" - all 37 fat quarters in this quilt.

(If you look really carefully, you'll see that the binding isn't quite finished in these pictures. I was under a time crunch and knew the quilt had to be finished by the next day. It had been raining for days, and more was in the forecast for the next day, so there was no way I was going to get an outside picture of the quilt. I brought it into work because the atrium is all windows and figured that even if it was cloudy, there would be enough light for a decent picture.)


As you can see from the little blue marker spots, the quilt was unfinished and  unwashed in these photos.


I love the way it turned out. And I hear it went to a good home!

1 comment:

Ambar said...

What a gorgeous piece of work! (Found you via Rachel of Stitched In Color -- )