Monday, April 04, 2011

The Boys of Summer Quilts

I've been so inspired by the strip quilts over at Film in the Fridge, that I had to try one out (OK, I actually made two! - it was just easier that way - I was already cutting strips!). Most of the fabric in these two quilts is called "Oxygen" from the Fall 2009 Studio E line. I mixed in a couple of batiks I had stashed on the shelf and think it looks rather lovely. I'm working on some straight line quilting now and hope to have the quilting finished up on one by tonight.

I have friends due with boys in May and July, so I think these will find very nice homes in a relatively short period of time.

In other news, it was gorgeous outside yesterday - near 55F, I think. I took a little walk around the soggy yard and am now convinced that Spring is in fact, right around the corner. There are buds on the rose bush, the rhubarb is popping up, sedum is showing its little heads, and tulips, crocus, hyacinth, daffodils and the like are all making their way up. Not everything made it through the winter with such grace - more on that later.

No comments: